Monday, December 8, 2008

Latest Happenings!

So I haven't updated this blog in at least 6 months, and it's been a very busy time indeed.

So first things first, I got married May 23rd to the beautiful Amber Ellifritz, now known as the beautiful Mrs. Amber Page ( us on the right ). It's been a wild and wonderful ride. We are now expecting! She's 4 1/2 months at this point. We find out the gender in 2 days, then I plan on throwing a Baby Blue Victory party between now and Christmas ;-)

It's clear I want a boy.

Shortly after we married, we moved to Charles Town, WV. From there, I picked up remote work and since have churned out FirstString.com - a social network for high school athletes. This has been an exciting project, we started it in Typhoon PHP, the www.shockwavelabs.com Framework, and a good 80% of it is still written in that framework, we are now writing new components in Ruby on Rails, which I've grown to adore. It's not perfect, but it is feature rich and gets the job done.

Speaking of Ruby, it presented a learning curve. Below is a picture of depicting said learning curve:



As you can see. It was easy. I recommend everybody give it a shot.

[ ... ok my break is up, I need to go back to some projects, but I'll finish writing on this post at a later time ]

No comments: